Android Interactive Creations
1. Group-based: Students will form groups of 3-5 and the number of groups will be 5-8: They will develop an App under the topic “School Life”.
2. Industrial visit: MinMedia Limited, broadens students’ horizons on understanding software development industry.
3. Advanced development: It is expected in Module 2(M2-1 – M2-4), student would learn the communication between App inventor and some web services, as well as LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT/EV3 robots.
4. Competition: Through participating in Hong Kong Joint School Electronics and Computer Society (HKJSECS) 校際手機應用程式設計大賽2016, it engages students to put much more effort in the course and development.
5. Showcase: A showcase will be held in school to display their deliverables.
By using graphical interface platform, it allows students to drag-and-drop visual objects to create an application layout, and programme in simple programming code to develop an application that can run on Android devices.
Trainings session are divided into 2 modules, first module has 8 2-hour lesson to learn basic control with application development; second module has 4 2-hour lesson to focus on how to embed robotics elements with application, e.g. Lego MINDSTORMS EV3.